Course Subject: Business Planning for Air Carriers Course Code: PLACAR Course Aim: To provide information and basic knowledge to those interested or involved in business planning of AOC operators. Planning process may be used for the issue of initial Economic Operating License (EOL) or the updating of the operators’ activities and highlights most important information on company resources, operations, target markets, planned activities as well as respective economic figures over a 3 to 5 year period.
Participant Academic Background: Good knowledge of English Language is required (at least at a level of Cambridge First Certificate in English or higher) as well as a general educational background of at least secondary education level although studies at university level are recommended. Participant's ability to analyze information and take decisions on the basis of available data will be very supportive for successful completion of these courses. Participant Working Experience: Existing employees in an aviation organisation shall be better benefited from attendance in this course. Approximate Number of Classroom Instruction Hours: 35 Approximate Number of Self - Study Hours: 70 Progress Monitoring: Through Tests and/or Assignments available at the e-Learning platform in English Final Examination: Course Completion Examination available at the e-Learning platform in English Course Duration: Approximately 8 days Instruction Language: English Brief Course Syllabus: Topics of instruction & examination under this course include methodologies and tools for:
- presentation of the “current situation” of the air carrier with reference to incorporation details, company scope, its organization present structure and management, as well as human and material infrastructures.,
- overview of company goals, related strategies for their accomplishment and respective significant changes in operational activities in support of their implementation. Reference is made to services (current and planned) provided in each market (e.g. charter and scheduled flights).
- presentation of current and new destinations to be served with the use of existing and any new aircraft to be acquired by the operator
- economic analysis (including operating assumptions) of company operations (based on existing and new aircraft) during the 3-5 year planning period (revenue forecasts from scheduled, charter or ACMI flights, flight cost analysis, operating cost analysis, projected Profit & Loss Account, projected Cashflows)
- workshop on preparation of business plan on the basis of data provided through a case study
Course participation fee includes:
- Trainer fees
- Training Materials (available at the e-Learning platform in English)
- Progress Tests & Assignments
- Internal Examination (Initial only)
- Issue of Certificate of Course Completion (in case of succesful completion of the course)
Training Location: Greece. In case of a different location additional course organisation fees apply, depending on number of participants and country of course implementation, to cover space and equipment rental, transportation, accommodation and living expenses of the lecturer and any taxes as per national regulations.
Additional Information: This course is oriented to individuals wishing to seek employment or already employed in different aviation bodies such as airlines, flight schools, maintenance organisations, airport authorities, etc. Successful completion of this course may significantly enhance participant’s employment prospects and/or career advancement as he/she will be able to demonstrate to his/her current or prospective employer familiarization with principles, methodologies and valuable information related to the specific subject.
Successful completion of each Course requires a score of 80% or higher in Course Completion Examination based on multiple choice or open ended questions as well as problem solving of issues raised in the form of short case studies. A maximum number of 3 attempts is allowed (initial and 2 retakes). Subject to successful completion the participant is issued a Letter of Course Completion with reference to instructed and examined topics.